Master of Science in Computer Science
Earn your master’s degree in computer science from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette’s Center for Advanced Computer Studies.
The computer science master's program is best for students and professionals who want to broaden and deepen their understanding of computer science and software development.
- Live and learn in a city with an established and expanding technology industry.
- Complete your own research with thesis or special project.
- Gain real-world work experience through internships and training.
- Out-of-state and international students can be eligible for in-state tuition through the Robert Elliot May Graduate Resident Tuition Fellowship program. Contact your graduate coordinator for more details.
Unique Professional & Research Opportunities
We were the first in the country to offer a Master of Science in Computer Science program, and we’ve been a leader in the field ever since.
We’re ranked in the NSF’s top 60 for research and development expenditures. Lafayette is home to multiple high-tech companies that have partnered with the University, offering excellent internship opportunities for our master’s in computer science students.
In our master’s in computer science program, you’ll work with our top-notch faculty and conduct cutting-edge research in:
- artificial intelligence,
- cloud computing,
- computer and network security,
- data analytics and visualization,
- embedded systems,
- graphics and human-computer interaction,
- knowledge and information systems,
- operating systems,
- programming languages and analysis, and
- wireless communications.
Apply to the Master’s in Computer Science Program
To apply to the master’s degree in computer science program, fill out the online application and submit your additional application materials to the Graduate School via your application portal. Once the Graduate School reviews your application, it is forwarded to the School of Computer & Informatics’ Center for Advanced Computer Studies for a recommendation on admission.
Join Louisiana’s best master’s in computer science program!
Apply for admission to the master’s degree in computer science >
To be admitted to the master’s in computer science program, you’ll need to have a bachelor’s degree in a field related to computer science and a satisfactory GRE score. Additionally, you’ll be required to submit three letters of recommendation and complete the online application.
If you’re an international student, you’ll also have to demonstrate English language proficiency. Visit the Graduate School’s international student section for more details about admission, receiving an I-20, and other important details.
Learn more about the admission requirements for the master’s in computer science program >